Thursday, April 18, 2013

Greetings from an Ohio newbie

Well, I finally have my own blog.

For those who don't know me, which is almost everybody in Ohio, I'm The News-Herald's new assistant sports editor.

Here's the condensed version of my background. I spent the past 11 years in central Pennsylvania covering a variety of sports for the Centre Daily Times and Williamsport Sun-Gazette. My recent assignments included tracking the zany world of Penn State football and the New York-Penn League's State College Spikes, a former Pittsburgh Pirates' affiliate that has fielded some awful teams. The Spikes are now affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals, so better baseball should be played inside plush Medlar Field at Lubrano Park this summer.

To steal some words from the Indians' Nick Swisher, I'm "excited" to be in Northeast Ohio. My salary doesn't match Swisher's, but I bring similar zest to my job.

This blog will explore area college athletics, the Indians' farm system and other minor-league baseball happenings.

If you have any suggestions, send them to GCipriano@News-Herald.com.

Enjoy.

- Guy Cipriano | @newsheraldguy   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home